Press play to listen to the podcast audio or scroll to read the post
“I had no idea being 65 would be this much fun.” Mike Haberman
...post continued below
Subscribe for exclusive content and updates
A few years back a small group of business colleagues and I took another colleague out for lunch to celebrate his 65th birthday. As you might expect, cheap shots and insults were flying – especially toward our “friend of advanced years.” Mike just took it, smiled and then shut us all up with his comment. Got us all thinking. Frankly, impressed the daylights out of us.
Now it’s my turn.
Three score and five years ago my parents brought me forth in Quakertown, PA.
It’s been a heck of a ride, and I too, had no idea being 65 would be this much fun. I have a terrific family, lots of great friends and I look forward to every new day. As I look back over the last 5 years, it’s easy to 5 things I did that I’d never done before:
- Moved to and continue to live deep inside a major city – Atlanta (…and I LOVE it!)
- Took up ballroom dancing and piano lessons
- Fired a gun (…then I got hooked, built my own personal range and took up skeet & trap shooting)
- Did a 100 mile bicycle ride (…took me 8 hours and 1 minute)
- Decided to become a competent cook (…ya’ gotta’ try my pork chops, green beans & mashed cauliflower!)
The next 5 years? I’ve got plans. But mainly, I’m just gonna’ keep having more fun than anyone else I know.